We can achieve so much more by working together as an ecosystem.
An Ecosystem is a permanent multi-stakeholder group committed to working together on a regular basis to implement innovative solutions that will improve the quality of health and well-being of patients & citizens while generating business activities, growth and job creation.
Since 2011, the ECHAlliance has developed ecosystems in more than 25 countries across Europe and China and more recently into North America.
All Ecosystems have:
- A common strategic and action plan
- Governance through collective leadership and are not owned by anyone organization
- Geographic and political coherence (a region or country)
- Multi-stakeholder organizations representing policy-makers, regulators, companies (large and start-ups), universities and education institutions, citizens/patients’ representatives, public and private insurances, investors, services providers
- Permanent groups that meet at least 4 times a year
- The Alliance facilitates local working groups and coordinates an international network of ecosystems.
Ecosystems aim to:
- Improve the health status and the quality of life of patients & citizens;
- Advocate for the working conditions of health & social care professionals;
- Accelerate the adoption of innovative solutions;
- Improve the sustainability of the health & social care systems, by increasing their efficiency and identifying innovative financial and business models;
- Support the development of business activities, entrepreneurship and the creation of jobs.
Ecosystems are successful because of:
- A stable Infrastructure and proven processes that connect and support collaboration between multi-stakeholder healthcare organizations.
- Support of innovative solutions to the multiple healthcare challenges.
- An enabling environment for:
- Connecting healthcare professionals and their organizations,
- Networking and improved communications;
- Encouraging collaboration and facilitating partnerships between stakeholder organizations
- Managing change through training & educational programs;
- Supporting entrepreneurs and start-ups;
- Fundraising of public grants and private investors;
- Testing, program evaluation and impact assessment;
- Creating new business opportunities, jobs and contracts.